Hyundai i20 design and features that we have been able to learn from the images released so far, and the reviews seen of the i20 for the International markets are as follows:-
Hyundai i20 Sensuous Sportiness Design
- Wide upfront grill.
- High gloss paint on the front grill.
- Lower contrasting bumper.
- The grill leads over to the Full LED headlamps which seems to be optional or available on higher variants and house’s the sporty DRLs.
- The fog lamp housing seems to have been inherited from the Verna 2020 design.
- Dual color design which shows the Fog Lamp, Front grill, Roof and some bit around the tail lights remains black.
- Wedge style design seen in the lines on the door which continues till the end of the car.
- The C-Pillar hosts good chrome elements as well as glossy black towards the rear.
- Small detailing is visible on the i20 badge in the tail lamps.
- Tail-lamps are connected with an reflector strip.
- 15″ alloy wheels. i20N seen in the other markets have 18″ inch wheels.
- The i20 for the international markets is 5MM longer, 60MM wider, 24MM lower than the outgoing model.
The length of the car hasn’t changed much however it seems that it has a longer wheelbase. In India the car will have to be kept under the 4 meters segment to avoid increase in taxes that would eventually increase the cost of the Hyundai i20.
Hyundai i20 Engine options
- 1.2L Petrol.
- 1.0L Turbo Petrol with the 7 speed DCT as seen in the Hyundai Venue.
- 1.5L Diesel engine.
There could be a possibility of having the iMT gear just as seen in the Hyundai Venue. With the 1.0LTR Turbo Engine generating 120HP will make the i20 most powerful in the segment. Whether the New i20 Diesel will be available with an automatic gearbox remains unanswered till the 5th Nov Launch.
Hyundai i20’s other Safety and Entertainment features
- 10.25 inch Touchscreen with Android Auto & Apple CarPlay.
- Bluelink telematics system.
- Top variants to have digital instrument clusters.
- Wireless Phone Charger.
- Ventilated Seats.
- 351ltr boot space.
- Upto 10 different exterior colors with Phantom Black color roof.
- Bose Sound system with 8 speakers.
- Ambient Lighting.
- SmartSense driving assist systems.
- Intelligent Speed Limit Information.
- 48 volt mild hybrid tech in i20 launched outside India.
There is an Hyundai i20N which is the performance version or the sports version of the car available in the International market.
Hyundai i20 2020 will be launching on 5th Nov while the booking has already begun. The car is all set to generate quite some demand throughout the festive season.